ETCI  
ETCI
Electro Technical Council of Ireland

Electrical Safety

Safety Videos

ETCI Fatal Accident Database

ETCI Fatal Accident Statistics

Safety Committee

Accident Details

Accident ID:82
Circumstances:A man was electrocuted in a workshop when equipment he was using became energised.
Date: September 2011
Time:
Occupation:Unknown
Gender:Male
Age Group:Adult 25-50
Indoors/Outdoors:Indoors
Site:Car Body Workshop
Lighting:Daylight
Weather:Unknown
Work Group:Alone
Supervision:Unsupervised
Safety Procedure:Unknown
Voltage:LV (230 or 400 volts)
Location:Customer side
Equipment:Fixed
Defects:Earthing ineffective
Contact:Direct
How could this accident have been prevented?
Comment:Flexible lead to equipment was damaged and caused equipment to become energised.

Back to List of Accidents