ETCI  
ETCI
Electro Technical Council of Ireland

Electrical Safety

Safety Videos

ETCI Fatal Accident Database

ETCI Fatal Accident Statistics

Safety Committee

Accident Details

Accident ID:83
Circumstances:A man was electrocuted taking a shower in a recently installed electricity powered shower unit.
Date: December 2011
Time:
Occupation:unknown
Gender:Male
Age Group:Adult < 25
Indoors/Outdoors:Indoors
Site:Household
Lighting:Artificial
Weather:Unknown
Work Group:Alone
Supervision:Unsupervised
Safety Procedure:N/A
Voltage:LV (230 or 400 volts)
Location:Customer side
Equipment:Electricity powered shower
Defects:Unknown
Contact:Direct
How could this accident have been prevented?
Comment:

Back to List of Accidents